Have you ever felt the fascination of a rhythm that beats inside you? Have you ever wondered if you could learn to play the drums, but thought the time had passed? Change that perspective, because in this tour, I will show you that it is never too late to learn. The drum kit is a wonderful instrument that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
Exploring your passion for drums: busting the myths
Music is a universal language that transcends ages and barriers. However, it’s common for adults to feel reluctant to venture into the world of learning an instrument, especially something as percussive and rhythmic as drums. Many believe that music is the exclusive territory of the youngest and that it is too late to enter it once the years have advanced. But in this section, we are going to challenge those myths and prejudices.
Myths about age and musical learning are like imaginary walls that we have built in our minds. But what if you knew that those walls are just illusions? There is no expiration date on passion and the pursuit of knowledge. In my drum lessons for adults, I strive to create an environment where every individual feels welcome, no matter what stage of life they are in. My lessons are designed to suit people of all ages and experience levels, whether you are a complete beginner or already have previous experience and want to get back in touch with the instrument.
It’s time to ditch the notion that learning to play the drums is the preserve of the youth. On the contrary, embracing this passion as an adult can be a step toward releasing inhibitions, self-discovery, and a way to connect more deeply with the world around you.
If you want to see fragments of classes with my students, you can click the following button and visit the VIDEOS section of my website. There you will find videos of students of different levels, playing with me (on the guitar):
Unexpected benefits: beyond the rhythm
Learning to play the drums as an adult not only gives you the opportunity to enjoy being exposed to music, but also brings with it a number of amazing benefits:
1. Mental and Physical Exercise: Playing the drums requires coordination, concentration and memory. Keep your mind sharp while honing your motor skills.
2. Stress Release: Had a hectic day? Hitting the pads and cymbals and concentrating on what you’re playing is a great way to release tension and channel emotions in a positive way.
3. Creativity in Action: Drums are a form of artistic expression. As you learn, you will discover your unique style and way of expressing yourself through music.
4. Social Connection: Join a community of passionate about music. Drum classes offer opportunities to meet other adults with similar interests.
My approach to adult drum lessons
I understand that adults have busy schedules and responsibilities. My classes are designed with this in mind, so we offer flexible schedules to adjust, as much as possible, to your life.
1. Step by Step Learning: We start from the basics (if you have previous experience, we find the point where you are to start from it). You will learn from the structure of the battery to the most advanced techniques. Advancing little by little you will begin to be able to play from simple to more advanced songs.
2. Personalization: All people learn differently. I adjust the teachings and the way of explaining to suit your individual needs and goals.
3. Equipment Provided: You don’t need to invest in a drum kit to get started. My studio is equipped with two batteries and everything you need so that you do not lack anything in classes. Also, if you decide (and you can) dedicate time outside of class, you have different options to practice on your own, such as renting an equipped room by the hour, or if you prefer to practice at home, useful information to acquire a electronic instrument for your home (you can visit the following posts: Places to go to practice with a drum kit in Barcelona and electronic drumset recommendation for home).
4. Material Provided: I will provide you with the scores of the songs that we work on in physical format and the bibliography in digital format (.pdf).
Join drum lessons for adults
The path to rhythm and percussion mastery begins here. It’s never too late to embrace your passion for music and learn to play the drums. My lessons for adults are an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in the musical world and discover new facets of yourself.
It doesn’t matter if you are 20, 40 or older; the rhythm has no age. So are you ready to grab the drumsticks and start this exciting adventure? Sign up for adult drum lessons and discover the timeless pleasure of creating music with your own two hands!
Don’t let excuses stop you! Start your journey in the world of drums today!
THE FIRST TRIAL LESSONS IS FREE!
Drum lessons for adults in Barcelona
If you are in Barcelona or in the Barcelona Metropolitan Area and after reading this post, you are considering taking drum lessons, take a look at the rest of my website by clicking on the following button: